Rebel

Rebel

Rated R

Rated R

My Stalkers

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mike Rowe on How Many Are Following the ‘Worst Advice in the History of the World’








http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/23/mike-rowe-of-dirty-jobs-speaks-about-hard-work-how-many-are-following-the-worst-advice-in-the-history-of-the-world/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons
Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs and Glenn Beck Speak About Hard Work and mikeroweWORKS
     This man is a genius, plain and simple. I've had this same outlook since I was in high school. I knew Id never go to college. I refused to take a foreign language. And I always questioned my teachers how can I apply this to the real world, more of the math they were trying to teach me. In fact I never showed up for my high school graduation. I can go into more but you get the point. All of the schooling after I or even before I graduated high school has been paid for by the company I worked for. From my EMT-basic, firefighting plus additional training after, railroad conductor just to name a few.
    Like Mike Rowe said, whats wrong with this country is too many people taking stupid classes, going in debt, not finding a job in that career field if there is one and not having the ability to pay back the loans. We need more people good with their hands not just their brain.
     Like the old saying goes I rather be street smart than book smart.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Over-educated and under-qualified for real life. I've known people who could explain the function of the most complicated mechanical or electronic devices, but have them try to fix it when it's broke and they are useless. Book-learning doesn't equal ability to perform.
    "Intellectual" is another name for inability to tie your own fucking shoes.

    ReplyDelete

How does this make you feel?